Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
With more than 154,000 employees, based in 76 countries, accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis, Societe Generale’s teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
- Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama;
- International retail banking, with a presence in Central and Eastern Europe, Russia, in the Mediterranean basin, in Sub-Saharan Africa, in Asia and in the French Overseas Territories;
- Corporate and investment banking with a global expertise in investment banking, financing and global markets.
Societe Generale is also a significant player in specialised financing and insurance, private banking, asset management and securities services.
Societe Generale is included in the socially-responsible investment indices FTSE4Good and ASPI.
As of October 2013, Societe Generale’s long-term ratings by Moody's, Fitch, and S&P are A2, A, and A respectively.
For more information, you can visit our website www.societegenerale.com
SOCIETE GENERALE CHINA
Societe Generale has over 30 years of presence in China with a long-term vision and commitment:
- Opened the first China representative office in Beijing in 1981. Focused on Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) business;
- First foreign bank to work with Sinosure, strong partnership with major Chinese banks such as China Exim, Bank of China, Industrial & Commercial Bank of China;
- In the 1990s, Societe Generale was a key player to finance China’s import of key equipments and technologies from developed nations (e.g. Wuhan Citroen automotive project, Shenzhen Dayawan Nuclear Power Station project);
- Since 1990s, actively supporting Chinese corporates to go overseas through export finance, structured finance, risk management offerings and advisory.
Societe Generale (China) Co, Ltd. was established in 2008. Capitalizing on the local incorporation status and the full banking license, Societe Generale China developed the Universal Banking Model locally with comprehensive services for corporates and individuals. Our core businesses include:
Corporate Banking & Financial Institutions
- A bridge between China to the international world by leveraging the bank’s competitive edges – it’s international network, global market expertise and strong product;
- Strong Senior Banker Team to support business developments of various corporates with a focus on SOEs, POEs, MNCs, FIs and companies in the commodities and energy sector;
- Supported by strong product teams.
- Grooming high net-worth individual for the future, with an aim to grow individual clients’ wealth by leverage Societe Generale’s Wealth Management expertise;
- Expert in global markets, provide various wealth management solutions to affluent clients in China.
Today, Societe Generale is the only French bank which provides individual banking services in China – showing strong commitment to the China market. We operate in 7 cities and expanding (Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Guangzhou, Wuhan, Hangzhou and Harbin).
Societe Generale China is also engaged locally as a responsible Citizen Bank – nurturing talents, financing sustainability and sharing our passion in rugby, contemporary arts, classical music and corporate social responsibility.